Enjoy a night of FREE science-themed fun at the Cranbrook Institute of Science on Friday, 05/05/17 and 06/02/17 from 5 – 10 pm! The Café and Observatory will be open and planetarium and bat shows are available for a fee. The Cranbrook Institute of Science is located at 39221 Woodward Ave. in Bloomfield Hills, MI.
Every Sunday in September, kid’s can eat FREE whenever you buy a burrito, bowl, an order of tacos or a salad – NO coupon needed! The free kid’s meal comes with a Dragons Love Tacos activity sheet and includes fruit or kid’s chips AND an organic apple or milk drink.
On Sunday, 09/25/16, Metro Parents is hosting their 21st Annual Education Expo at the Cranbrook Institute of Science in Bloomfield Hills. It’s a fun event for kids where they and their parents can learn about schools and activities in southeast Michigan while exploring the museum for FREE.
Register in advance online to receive:
- A chance at winning prizes from Discovery Toys, like a telescope that lets kids see space-science wonders like the moon’s craters and Saturn’s rings – along with other fun learning goodies
- Speedier entry on the day of the event (singing up onsite takes a little extra time … time you could be exploring!)
- Direct access to outstanding local K-12 options, from traditional public and private to boarding, online and charter schools – plus financial planners, children’s health and safety experts and advocacy groups
- Find fun on the “Education Expedition,” where kids gather clues to solve a riddle, engage in learning activities and enter to win even more prizes
- A chance to discover heaps of enrichment, tutoring and extracurricular activities, from athletics, opera and farm fun to robots, philosophy and STEM learning
- FREE access to the CIS’s 14 amazing galleries, including a full-size T. rex skeleton cast, massive mastodon model, really cool rocks and loads more
Sunday, June 12 from 1-4pm at the Saline Rec Center
On Sunday, June 12, 2016 the Saline Rec Center will be celebrating its 25th anniversay from 1-4pm. A special ceremony will be held at 1 pm then the doors will open for the event. Bouncers, music, cake, hotdogs, swimming, fun and games will be offered FREE for the entire community! If you have a special memory you would like to share about the Rec Center, please email Carla Scruggs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Saline Rec Center is located at 1866 Woodland Drive, Saline, MI 48176.
Noodles & Company has two new promotions in honor of Tax Day! Through April 18, you can get $4 off a $10 purchase when you order online using code TAXDAY at order.noodles.com. Then, on Monday, April 18 only, you can get a FREE kids meal when you buy a regular size entree.
Click here to find a location nearest you.
The Child ID program provides parents and guardians with a “Child ID Kit” that contains all vital information needed to locate a missing child. This FREE service only takes about 10 minutes to complete. Visit the Saline District Library between 1 – 4 pm on Saturday, 02/27/16, with your child(ren) to complete a kit. No registration needed.
Also, each time you purchase a Kids Meal through Sept 29, 2016, Noodles & Company will donate $.05 to No Kid Hungry, up to $100,000.
Through Sunday, 05/03/15, The Children’s Place is having a $1 Weekend Sale where you can purchase sunglasses, jewelry and accessories for only $1 each! Even better, check your Inbox for a possible 30% off In-Store Savings Pass or try giving the store associate the code Y01303 making these $1 items just 70¢ each (+ tax)!
Note that if you’d rather shop online, shipping is only $1! Be sure to link through shopathome to earn 1% cashback plus get an extra 20% off everything with code GOAVENGERS20 or 15% off everything with the code DISCOUNT3. Email me at houseofrana.com if you don’t already have a shopathome account and I’ll send you a referral link!
“Zebras on Main” is a family event taking place today, 06/19/14, from 4-9 pm in downtown Ann Arbor. The event is meant to increase awareness of rare immune and blood based diseases in both children and adults, and raise money to support families and research at the University of Michigan via the Boxer Fund. The event is being held as a sister event to the “Event on Main,” which is taking place at the same time and will benefit the Charles Woodson Research Fund for Pediatric Cancer.
“Zebras on Main” will feature:
- Educational photos and stories of our patients to raise awareness.
- A bone marrow donor drive sponsored by Wolverines for Life where guests can register for the National Marrow Donor Program.
- A zebra-inspired sidewalk chalk art created by renowned artist David Zinn
- Fun events like bubble blowing, balloons, face painting and much more!
Click on the Summer Happenings tab at House of Rana for a list of more fun events in and around Ann Arbor!
Little Angels Preschool & Daycare in Ypsilanti will be holding a “Kick Off Summer” Party & Open House on Saturday, 06/21/14, from 2 – 4 pm! The FREE event will feature a ton of fun activities, including:
- Hands-on classroom activities
- Petting Zoo
- Pony pulled cart rides [for little ones]
- Horse rides [for bigger kids]
- Balloon animals
- Face painting
- Tropical Bounce House
- Soccer Shots demonstrations
- Snow cones, popcorn, and drinks
Little Angels Preschool & Daycare is located at 850 S. Hewitt Rd in Ypsilanti just off of I-94.