Celebrate Easter at Toys R Us with Geoffrey on Sunday, 04/09/17, from 1 – 3 pm! Take part in an egg hunt, win prizes, march in a parade and more! Click here for more information and to find a location nearest you.
Toys R Us is hosting a MEGA Construx Event on Saturday, 04/01/07 from 1-3 pm. Kids have the option to construct and keep an American Girl Lea’s Beach Chair or a UNSC Wasp Aircraft! Click here to learn more and to find a location nearest you.
Event intended for ages 8-up. Parental supervision required at all times for minors. All giveaways and event materials available while supplies last and distributed to participants only. Limit one per customer. Quantities limited; no rain checks.
On Sunday, 11/06/16, Victoria Secret PINK stores will be hosting a Private Shopping Event where you can shop their holiday collection and score exclusive offers! Get to stores early; a lucky few will get a FREE light-up iPhone case while supplies last. Click here and enter your zip code to find a participating store nearest you.
Victoria Secrets’ PINK Campus Tour is stopping in Michigan at Briarwood Mall on Wednesday, 10/26/16, from 12 noon – 6 pm! Hang out, shop the PINK Bus, score freebies & more! Click here to visit the event page on Facebook for more information.
Goldfish Swim School of Ann Arbor is turning five and celebrating with a FREE event from 4-6:30 pm on Saturday, 08/20/16. They’ll have a moon bounce obstacle course, dunk tank, open Family Swim, prizes and more! This event is FREE and open to the public! Check out their event page on Facebook for more information.
- FREE family movies at all Cinemark locations starting at 9 am through 11:30 am. This will vary by location so be sure to check your local Cinemark for available showtimes.
- Movie selection provided by DreamWorks Animation, Inc which may include Kung Fu Panda 3, Home, How to Train Your Dragon 2, Madagascar 3 and Shrek.
- Discounted concession items including: $2 small popcorn, $2 16 oz. soft drinks, and all packaged candy varieties for $2 (While supplies last).
Net proceeds will help fund youth empowerment and service learning programs right here in the US.
On Sunday, 09/25/16, Metro Parents is hosting their 21st Annual Education Expo at the Cranbrook Institute of Science in Bloomfield Hills. It’s a fun event for kids where they and their parents can learn about schools and activities in southeast Michigan while exploring the museum for FREE.
Register in advance online to receive:
- A chance at winning prizes from Discovery Toys, like a telescope that lets kids see space-science wonders like the moon’s craters and Saturn’s rings – along with other fun learning goodies
- Speedier entry on the day of the event (singing up onsite takes a little extra time … time you could be exploring!)
- Direct access to outstanding local K-12 options, from traditional public and private to boarding, online and charter schools – plus financial planners, children’s health and safety experts and advocacy groups
- Find fun on the “Education Expedition,” where kids gather clues to solve a riddle, engage in learning activities and enter to win even more prizes
- A chance to discover heaps of enrichment, tutoring and extracurricular activities, from athletics, opera and farm fun to robots, philosophy and STEM learning
- FREE access to the CIS’s 14 amazing galleries, including a full-size T. rex skeleton cast, massive mastodon model, really cool rocks and loads more
There is no admission fee to attend but a Metropark vehicle pass is required. If you don’t have a yearly pass, a daily vehicle pass can be purchased at the gate for just $7. The event takes place at Maple Beach inside Kensington Metropark. Food and beverages can be purchased at the Metropark concession stand. Seating outside may be limited, so consider bringing chairs.
Schedule of activities:
- 6 pm to Sunset: View sunspots, prominences, and other features of the sun throughsafe white-light and incredible hydrogen-alpha solar telescopes.
- 6:20 pm to 10 pm (every 20 minutes): Visit the Michigan Science Center’s portable planetarium for a tour of the constellations and current evening sky.
- 6:15 pm: Learn about the celestial visitors we call comets. Watch a “comet” be made from dry ice and common household ingredients. Very family friendly.
- 6:45 pm: Kids can become the constellations in the “Rescue of Andromeda”impromptu play.
- 7:30 pm: Oh What a Spin We’re In! From galaxies to planets to tornadoes, there’s a lot of spinning going on out there. Find out more about the space environment with liquid nitrogen and everyday common objects, participate in some angular momentum demonstrations, and watch a “fire tornado” come to life!
- 8:15 pm: Losing the Dark: Why can’t you see many stars from your neighborhood? Learn about how light pollution is making it harder to see stars and other astronomical objects, and what you can do to help reverse the trend.
- 8:40 pm: 3D tour of the Solar System: Take a short 3D movie tour through our Solar System. This presentation uses the red-blue 3D glasses, please arrive a little early to get your glasses.
- 9 pm: KEYNOTE: The Great American Total Eclipse of 2017
On August 21, 2017, a total eclipse of the Sun will be visible from the contiguous United States for the first time since 1979. The track of the Moon’s shadow cuts diagonally across the nation from Oregon to South Carolina. Inside the 68-mile-wide path of totality, the Moon will completely cover the Sun as the landscape is plunged into an eerie twilight, and the Sun’s glorious corona is revealed for over 2 minutes.
Sunday, June 12 from 1-4pm at the Saline Rec Center
On Sunday, June 12, 2016 the Saline Rec Center will be celebrating its 25th anniversay from 1-4pm. A special ceremony will be held at 1 pm then the doors will open for the event. Bouncers, music, cake, hotdogs, swimming, fun and games will be offered FREE for the entire community! If you have a special memory you would like to share about the Rec Center, please email Carla Scruggs at email@example.com.
The Saline Rec Center is located at 1866 Woodland Drive, Saline, MI 48176.