Enjoy a night of FREE science-themed fun at the Cranbrook Institute of Science on Friday, 05/05/17 and 06/02/17 from 5 – 10 pm! The Café and Observatory will be open and planetarium and bat shows are available for a fee. The Cranbrook Institute of Science is located at 39221 Woodward Ave. in Bloomfield Hills, MI.
Victoria Secrets’ PINK Campus Tour is stopping in Michigan at Briarwood Mall on Wednesday, 10/26/16, from 12 noon – 6 pm! Hang out, shop the PINK Bus, score freebies & more! Click here to visit the event page on Facebook for more information.
There is no admission fee to attend but a Metropark vehicle pass is required. If you don’t have a yearly pass, a daily vehicle pass can be purchased at the gate for just $7. The event takes place at Maple Beach inside Kensington Metropark. Food and beverages can be purchased at the Metropark concession stand. Seating outside may be limited, so consider bringing chairs.
Schedule of activities:
- 6 pm to Sunset: View sunspots, prominences, and other features of the sun throughsafe white-light and incredible hydrogen-alpha solar telescopes.
- 6:20 pm to 10 pm (every 20 minutes): Visit the Michigan Science Center’s portable planetarium for a tour of the constellations and current evening sky.
- 6:15 pm: Learn about the celestial visitors we call comets. Watch a “comet” be made from dry ice and common household ingredients. Very family friendly.
- 6:45 pm: Kids can become the constellations in the “Rescue of Andromeda”impromptu play.
- 7:30 pm: Oh What a Spin We’re In! From galaxies to planets to tornadoes, there’s a lot of spinning going on out there. Find out more about the space environment with liquid nitrogen and everyday common objects, participate in some angular momentum demonstrations, and watch a “fire tornado” come to life!
- 8:15 pm: Losing the Dark: Why can’t you see many stars from your neighborhood? Learn about how light pollution is making it harder to see stars and other astronomical objects, and what you can do to help reverse the trend.
- 8:40 pm: 3D tour of the Solar System: Take a short 3D movie tour through our Solar System. This presentation uses the red-blue 3D glasses, please arrive a little early to get your glasses.
- 9 pm: KEYNOTE: The Great American Total Eclipse of 2017
On August 21, 2017, a total eclipse of the Sun will be visible from the contiguous United States for the first time since 1979. The track of the Moon’s shadow cuts diagonally across the nation from Oregon to South Carolina. Inside the 68-mile-wide path of totality, the Moon will completely cover the Sun as the landscape is plunged into an eerie twilight, and the Sun’s glorious corona is revealed for over 2 minutes.
The University of Michigan is offering a FREE Youth Football skills clinic on Saturday, 05/21/16 from 9 am to noon! This offer is open to residents in Washtenaw County who are currently in 2nd through 7th grades. The camp will be held at the Glick Field House, 1200 S. State Street in Ann Arbor.
Detroit original Happy’s Pizza will celebrate its 20th anniversary by launching a new personal-size hand-tossed pizza and giving it to customers for FREE from 11 am to 1 pm Tuesday, 05/17/16, at all Happy’s Michigan locations!
As part of the anniversary celebration, Happy’s Pizza will also be offering customers two medium two-topping pizzas for $9.99, two large two-topping pizzas for $14.99, all-day availability of their $5.99 lunch specials, and a personal pepperoni pizza with a 20 oz beverage for $4.99, every day for the entire month of May.
Happy’s Pizza locations can be found here.
Michigan head football coach Jim Harbaugh will sign autographs at the M Den on Campus in Ann Arbor on Friday! The event will run from 3-4:30 pm, but will be limited to the first 200 people who secure wristbands earlier in the day. Fans wishing to guarantee themselves a spot in line for the autograph signing must be in line to secure a wristband at the campus M Den at 9 am Friday morning.
Per the M Den, it will be one autograph per wristband. Wristbands will be FREE of charge. The M Den on Campus is located at 303 S. State Street in downtown Ann Arbor.
On Saturday, 12/26/15, you can get FREE general admission to the Michigan Science Center sponsored by MGM Grand! Enjoy FREE general admission all day (10a-6p), including 250+ hands-on exhibits, live stage shows, lab activities, their special exhibit of a T-Rex Named Sue and more!
Are your children safe while online? Michigan families, especially minors, are becoming inundated with advertisements from alcohol, tobacco, pornography and gambling marketers through different internet and cell phone inboxes. Texting their advertisements is the newest marketing effort that many of these companies are using. Thankfully, the State of Michigan offers a FREE program to stop adult advertisements from reaching e-mails, mobile phones (text messaging ads) and instant messenger IDs. The Michigan Child Protection Registry, like the federal Do Not Call List, is a FREE do-not-contact service for Michigan’s families and schools. Just go to www.ProtectMIChild.com to register today and keep your family safe.
For a list of FAQs click HERE
ESPN’s College GameDay will broadcast from the Crisler Center tomorrow, 01/24/15, prior to the matchup between the Wolverines and No. 6 Wisconsin at 7 pm! Here is the timeline of events:
- Crisler Center will open to the public at 9 am. Tickets are not required for GameDay and parking is FREE!
- Fans attending are asked to enter the arena through the Northeast and Southwest entrances. All students are asked to enter through the Maize Rage entrance.
- At 10 am, GameDay will go live with a one-hour broadcast on ESPNU.
- At 11 am, GameDay’s one-hour live show will be shown on ESPN.
- An evening edition of GameDay will air at 6 pm, leading up to tip-off between the Wolverines and Badgers.
- The basketball game will start at 7 pm and air on ESPN. Obviously, tickets are required to attend the game.