There are several events taking place throughout the Washtenaw County are to celebrate Independence Day! Below are just a few:
Hudson Mills Fireworks – Thursday, 07/03/14, Dusk (10-10:30 pm)
Near Dexter/Ann Arbor. Tony Vasquez’s DJ Service will provide music from 7-11 pm at the Activity Center with a break for fireworks at 10 pm. Food items such as cotton candy, caramel apples, elephant ears, Bearclaw Coffee, pizza, hot dogs, burgers and popcorn will be available for purchase, as well as’ novelty glow products. There is a $10 special event daily vehicle permit required after 5 pm; free admission with annual permit. Park staff recommends arriving early; the park tends to hit capacity by 9 pm. For more information, call Hudson Mills Metropark at 734-426-8211.
Manchester Fireworks Display– Thursday, 07/03/14 (10-10:30 pm)
- Time: Dusk
- Address: Carr Park, 600 W. Main St., Manchester
- Cost: free, donations welcome
- Phone: 734-476-4565
The Manchester Men’s Club sponsors this annual display, which usually brightens up the night sky at 10:15 p.m.
Plymouth Township Fireworks and Fourth of July Fun – July 3-4, 2014
- Time: 10:15 pm Thursday, 9 am-4 pm Friday
- Address: Township Park, 46640 Ann Arbor Trail, Plymouth
- Cost: free
- Phone: 734-453-3840
Enjoy a fantastic firework display on Thursday; then head back to Township Park Friday for a parade down Main Street (9 am) and the “Good Old-Fashioned Picnic” (11 am-4 pm).
Ann Arbor Fourth of July Parade – Friday, 07/04/14, 10 am
- Downtown Ann Arbor (State, Liberty, Main, and William St). The route is approximately 1 mile long and begins at the intersection of State Street and William Street.
Weather Delay Information: Check the website the day of the parade for any weather-related information. You may also call 734-531-9626 to hear a recorded message or to speak with someone.
Ypsilanti Independence Day Parade – Friday, 07/04/14, 11 am
The parade will begin at the corner of Oakwood and Cross and end at Rice Street in Ypsilanti’s Historic Depot Town.
Whitmore Lake Parade and Fireworks – 07/04/14
- Time: 10 am Friday/parade, 10 pm Friday/fireworks (rain date Saturday, July 5)
- Address: Parade: Barker Road and travels south on Main Street; fireworks: Whitmore Lake, viewing area across from the post office (9725 Main St.)
- Cost: free, fees/some events, activities
- Phone: 734-678-5679 (talk to Patricia) or 734-368-1629 (talk to Nancy)
In its 55th year, this family-friendly fireworks display and parade, sponsored by the Kiwanis Clubs of Whitmore Lake and other members of the community, is a great celebration. With live music, games, activities and fun floats, there are plenty of ways to occupy the whole family. This year’s parade theme is “Whitmore Lake Salutes America.”
Scroll through for even more events happening in and around other parts of Southeast Michigan! Continue reading