I was going to post this yesterday but was sure some of you would think that it was an April Fools joke!!
The University of Michigan’s School of Public Health will host its second annual zombie invasion on Saturday, 04/05/14. The Zombie Apocalypse educational program is a public health awareness and preparedness scenario originally developed by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control. It utilizes a zombie-related disaster simulation to actively engage participants in emergency preparedness and response. Seriously, no joke!
They are looking for volunteers who can participate as staff and patients (i.e. zombies)! FREE lunch and t-shirts will be provided for all participants and you must be 18 years or over to participate. Zombie makeup and props will also be available to use for the exercise for those who wish to partake. Seriously, no joke!
The event takes place at the Washtenaw County Learning Resource Center (LRC) at 4135 Washtenaw Avenue in Ann Arbor. Events are scheduled to take place indoors, however an outdoor tent will be available (if needed) for overflow. Below is the general timeline for the event:
- 8:20-9:30 am: Make-up by Josh Carlton available in the UM School of Public Health (SPH) Glass House Cafe.
- 9 am: First shuttle from UMSPH to event site.
- 9:30 am: Second shuttle from UMSPH to event site.
- 10 am: All registrants should be on site at LRC by 10 am!
- Josh Carlton-ongoing make-up (tent—on call 10 am -1:30 pm)
- Zombies- Just-in-time (JIT) training/Orientation
- Clinic Point of Dispensing site volunteers – JIT
- 10:30 am-12 pm: First cycle of Exercise
- 12 am-1 pm: Lunch/Make-up/JIT
- 1-2:30 pm: Second cycle of Exercise
- 2:30 pm: Hot Wash (with EPI 607 class)
- 3 pm: Zombies are vanquished, public health prevails; event concludes; clean up of any unexpected zombie remains
Seriously, no joke! Space is limited so you must register here if you’re interested in participating!