I’ve been thinking of trying some new topics out and I think a “Tip of the Day” series might be interesting – and hopefully helpful too! So in honor of spicing things up, the first tip of the day is this:
Replace the sugar and cream in your coffee with cinnamon.
Swapping the sugar and cream (roughly 2 tablespoons) with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon could save up to 70 calories per cup-o-Joe. In addition to helping to reduce your caloric and refined sugar intake, cinnamon has also been shown to have many other benefits. Cinnamon can help…
- reduce cravings
- strengthen the immune system
- relieve cold and flu congestion
- reduce stiffness in muscles and joints
- counteract inflammation
- sooth an upset stomach, aid digestion, and support digestive health
- boost brain function
- reduce harmful cholesterol levels
- stimulate good circulation with its blood-thinning properties
If you don’t use cream in your coffee and aren’t too keen on the flavor of just cinnamon instead of sugar, try a little cinnamon sugar instead. Just use it in moderation so that your not actually using more sugar!