Gallup Park will be celebrating its annual Huron River Day on Sunday, 07/14/13. Planned activities include:
8:30 am Gallup Gallop 5K Run/5k Fitness Walk.
Sponsored by the Ann Arbor Track Club www.aatrackclub.org.
11 am Canoe Gallup Park with Naturalist
A one-hour paddle in 2.5 mile Gallup Pond led by a naturalist.
Pre-registration is required (734) 794-6240. Fee $5/person.
12 – 4 pm
- $5 Canoe & Kayak rentals
- Children’s Activity Tent with art and science fun
- Photo booth with canoes and kids
- Live animal program
- Butterfly House
- Fun River Exhibits
- Kids Envirochallenge
- Fishing Fun
- Classic Small Boat Show
- Stand Up Paddleboard Demos
- Live music from Joe Reilly, Gemini and Wire in the Wood
- Food vendors: Pilar’s Tamales, Dad’s Dogs and Mity Nice shaved ice
If you ride your bike to Huron River Day in Gallup Park then Washtenaw Bicycling and Walking Coalition will provide FREE bicycle valet parking and your boat rental will abe FREE!